Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Formula of a Hydrate lab


This lab was really cool and I'm really glad we passed the pre-lab quiz (those always stress me out)! It was cool to be able to physically see the change from the hydrate to the anhyrdide. I think this lab was helpful because I'll probably remember this material better since I had hands on experience in the lab. I think it was also really good practice for calculating the formulas of the hydrates and finding the variable n. I definitely am better at calculating those values after all the practice. Since we ran out of time in class, we didn't get to heat the hydrate multiple times. If I had to do this lab again, I would heat it more and see how much of a difference that makes.




1 comment:

  1. These pictures look so cool! I didn't get to do the first lab but it looked really fun.

    ReplyDelete