Monday, September 14, 2015

Unit 1 Reflection post


From Unit One I learned how to read the periodic table of elements which helps you name compounds, acids, and polyatomic ions which was the main focus of this unit. At first, when I took the pre-test I had no idea what I was doing. However, the next day we started learning about the material and it started making sense. I really like this unit because even though it seemed like a lot that we were taking in at a really fast pace, as we moved on, we made our knowledge of the previous information stronger. Memorizing the polyatomics was probably one of the hardest parts but I used quizlet to name the compounds by looking at the chemical structure at first. Then, when I had mastered that, I moved on to labeling the chemical structure by looking at the name. As I moved on, it started making logical sense (such as when -ite and -ate was used) and it became easier and I was able to identify them faster. Then, when we learned naming acids, it was simple and quick to learn because we had a strong base of all the other topics and it was just a matter of application.

No comments:

Post a Comment