Monday, September 14, 2015

Frontier Chemistry Reflection

I really enjoyed this project regardless of how stressful it was because it was an interesting real world application that we often look for when learning in school. Now, every time we go out I notice these plants that we have been identifying for this project and it makes me feel like I have learned something in school that I can actually use in the real world. Now, if I AM put in an emergency situation like this out in nature, I can use these skills and information I learned to help someone who is hurt. We also started identifying the active chemical ingredients in these plants so maybe when we come upon these ingredients in the future in the class we can identify what these ingredients may act against. This project required a lot of research and I had to know what sources were credible and I had to know how to find the information I was looking for. This was even harder because you couldn't just google the information and find it as one of the first few results. It took me a while to figure out how to find the information I need quickly and effect-fully. So, if I had to do this project again I might be able to find my information faster and be able to find credible sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment